“Operating as a fiduciary, our number one responsibility is to put our clients’ interests first. Period.” - Steve Rainey
What is a fiduciary and why is operating as a fiduciary important?
A person who looks after the assets of another and is responsible to act in their best interests, known as a “fiduciary duty” which carries specific responsibility to provide the absolute highest level of care and candor. A fiduciary is required to be extremely loyal to the person(s) owed fiduciary duty, must not put personal or financial interests before fiduciary duty, and must not profit from the position of being a fiduciary without absolute full disclosure and consent.
As a fiduciary, we have a legal obligation to place your needs and interests ahead of our own. Our advice must be solely for your benefit rather than for commissions, bonuses, or incentives prevalent in the traditional model of investing through broker dealers. For this reason, we do not operate as a broker dealer or as agents of a broker dealer.
We are committed to Principles Over Profits
- If you ask a question for which we do not have the answer, we promise to say so and do everything in our power to get you an answer or steer you to someone who can.
- We will never tell you we can do something if we know can’t, nor will we tell you we will do something if we know we won’t.
- We are committed to telling you the unvarnished truth, all of the time. We will not just tell you what you want to hear if doing so conflicts with your best interest.
- We are committed to providing you with access to continual investor education throughout our relationship so you can better understand the time-tested principles we follow based on the work of Nobel Prize winning economists to help you avoid money-losing fads that are here today and gone tomorrow.
- We will not enable self-destructive investor behaviors no matter how large your account. If we find our commitment to your well-being conflicts with our relationship to an unmanageable degree, we will acknowledge that and help you move your account. We care more about you than we do about your business.
- We are committed to helping you achieve financial peace and freedom from financial worry. We have the tools to help. Many investors repeatedly experience unnecessary pain making fundamental mistakes over and over, or by investing with advisors who make those same mistakes. We have proven methods to help you create a portfolio and a plan that works for you. Our goal is to remove as much emotion as humanly possible so you can profit from the market’s greed and fear and recognize those emotions as the gateposts to growth.
- We are committed to our role as your coach; helping build your strengths and reduce your weaknesses. If you’re going to seek our help, you must be willing to be coached by someone dedicated to your success. That’s who we are and what we do.